Monday, January 26, 2015

Manic Monday by The Bangles (1986)




Monday blues


On the website Urban Dictionary, Manic Monday is defined by Johnathan Angelo Rosa Jr. as

The beginning of the week: For work and/or school resulting in depression is a genetic condition that is triggered either spontaneously or from a significant amount of emotional pressure, associated with it being Monday!
How many times do we have to go to school or work on a rainy Monday morning? How many of us look forward to the day, which we give way after cutting short our attendance in a Sunday night party or a weekend trip to make it to work or school Monday morning right on cue? How many look gloomy or stressed-out on a Monday evening?

If your Sunday's messed up, you would not want to get up the next day. You want to skip school or work, right? I feel you.

But of course, you need to get up because school or work is life.

Manic Monday by The Bangles
"Manic Monday" single cover

Mondays bring back the memories


I remembered a couple of years ago, a political scandal erupted on a Monday. I didn't catch up with most of the news that evening because I just arrived home from a month-long vacation and I missed my room. The scandal was in heated discussion for months, so if you have a scandal to reveal, please do it on a Monday and from the rooftop of your house.

Job interviews? Make sure you come on time. Leave your place 2-3 hours before schedule to avoid traffic or navigate the area, in case you get lost on the way. If you are unsure about the directions, Google Maps or scout the location a day or two before the big interview.

I didn't have Google Maps or use one because I didn't own a smartphone that time and I didn't know about Google Maps that time. I was thirty minutes late for the interview because I got lost. Thanks goodness, I got help - and the interviewer was not angry.l.

Starting on a new job? Make sure you bring an umbrella or raincoat. Don't get angry when it rains on your first Monday at work. It's a blessing, but make sure you come home dry. It was a dry day when I started at a new company, but a wet evening when I went home - and it was traffic too.

Monday Blues meme
Monday Blues meme from Independent.ie

Why should you listen to this song?

"Manic Monday" is a fun track about the most lethargic day of the week. This is the song to start your week. Only a few artists sing about the days of the week, and The Bangles is one of them.

Dear readers, sing this song to blast away those Monday blues. Worry not, it will be Friday soon!

Monday again, arghh! Another damned week at school!



No comments:

Post a Comment