Saturday, March 26, 2016

"Let's Get Loud" by Jennifer Lopez (1999)




J.Lo, enduring beauty and talent


Gone are the days when Hispanic beauty Jennifer Lopez was one of my objects of infatuation. Well, because infatuation is fleeting, and I did not hear much of her today. I know little or nothing about her music past 2003.

One thing I know is that she is still hot and beautiful. She still got the curves.

Way back in my freshmen year at secondary school, her song “Let's Get Loud” was official dance music for our cheer dance competition, which my faction lost. I believe that was my first exposure to her music.

Jennifer Lopez Let's Get Loud single cover
Let's Get Loud single cover (Wikipedia)

Memories of J.Lo in various media


A year later, her movie Anaconda was shown on TV, at a summer Sunday night. For me, it was a golden age of TV watching. A lot of good shows and cartoons that year: Recuerdo de Amor, Ang TV 2, Wansapanatym, Pwedeng-Pwede, Jumangi, Pokemon, etc. But back to J.Lo, of course.

More than a year later, in what was one of my worst yet most memorable months, I borrowed a VCD of J.Lo music videos from a classmate. I watched them on a Saturday night. The music video for “Waiting For Tonight” was a visual feast, if you know what I mean. And the song “No Me Ames”, a duet with Marc Anthony, was ear candy.

Next day, I returned the VCD to my classmate. She then lent me, with permission from her uncle, VCDs of Madonna and Mariah Carey music videos.

2003 was J.Lo's year, despite the rise of Nu Metal and Alternative Rock acts like Linkin Park and Simple Plan. It was the peak year of her career. She starred in the movie Gigli. Her 3rd studio album This is Me... Then performed well on the music charts. She was in love with Ben Affleck, star of Daredevil.

Christmas that year, I received a Celine Dion cassette tape as present from my mother. My brother got This is Me... Then.

Jennifer Lopez sexy figure
Jennifer Lopez, forever curvaceous

The last time I would like a J.Lo song was in 2004. Her single "Get Right” was well received by urban stations that I used to listen to. A decent song, it is.

Right now, J.Lo is busy choosing the last winner for the dying American Idol.

Jennifer Lopez is just one of the few female idols who have both beauty and substance. Her talent complements her looks, and vice versa - departments Miley Cyrus, Ariana Grande, Iggy Azalea, Nicki Minaj and most K-pop stars thought they have. J.Lo never abuses her look, unlike those aforementioned artists.

How I wish I could turn back time to woo Miss Lopez!

Where did I hide those newspaper clippings on J.Lo?

May God bless Jennifer Lopez... and her curves!


No comments:

Post a Comment